Saturday, July 26, 2008

Off to the Races


We got going at noon and I was up first! This race started with a run sprint, which is always fun when wearing cycling shoes. I took a hand-held video camera to get live footage from the run, we'll do some video editing and post it later; it is kind of funny.

The course started up Ramshead mountain, which when you are skiing seems flat. Let me tell you, it is not flat. That climb got me warmed up and then it was over to Killington Lodge and up the mountain and into the woods. The single track is really fun and is interspersed with fire road climbs. There is a good vibe here at the race and so far the weather could not have been better. Keep your fingers crossed that it continues that way.

Jayne went after me and also had a great lap...you'll hear from her soon...and Stacey is out on the course now.

Thanks for checking in!

Kathrin

1 comment:

Heide said...

I was wrong with the time elapsed because I thought you had started at midnight. (You can tell that I never was in such a race!)
It sounds as if the weather is more or less perfect, hope it stays like that.