Sunday, August 26, 2007

Flooding at Allamuchy

I had set my alarm for 4am, thinking that I could snooze for a bit before the dawn lap, but I was awoken before that at around 3:30am by wicked thunder storm #2. I went back to sleep thinking that the rain would stop by 5am, but that was not the case. I went back to sleep with some difficulty because by that point there was water dripping from tent ceiling onto my pillow. I guess when the weatherperson said there were going to be isolated thunder storms, they meant that the storms would be isolated to Allamuchy, aka. Mudamuchy

Although I kind of like the idea of going out now, I think that would regret that decision when I am walking my bike through 10 inches of mud at mile 4. We have called it quits for this year, which makes me sad. I think that Loggie's Ladies have to find a race that isn't in August when such crazy weather is likely, or maybe racing in the desert at Moab, Utah should be a consideration!!

Thank you everybody for your support. It has been great reading the comments.

Kathrin

2 comments:

Bob said...

Thank God you are using your brain and not your brawn in spite of adversity.

I saw the radar with the bad parts coming further towards you, and just said rain.

You have got to be kidding, 10 inches of mud !!!!!!!!!!!

Wow............

You guys have done a great job and everyone appreciates that.

Anonymous said...

...sorry to hear your last report. Been there, done that and know how dissappointing it is to end early. At least no one was forced to the ER this year-great job gals ;-)